Sunday, December 4, 2016

The 12 Days of Fitmas!


Hey Internet universe, I’ve posted on my social media accounts about celebrating something I’m calling, “The 12 Days of Fitmas”.  


Last week, I had a horrible stomach ache. Thought it was the worst menstrual cramps ever and that it would pass. Long story short, it didn’t. I had an emergency appendectomy. The surgery wasn’t too bad, and I am recovering well. While I’m enjoying a little rest, I am not happy that I still have another 12 DAYS UNTIL I CAN PICK UP ANY WEIGHTS. I am going a little stir crazy about it, so I thought I’d share workouts I would want to be doing.  


The 12 Days of Fitmas is like a sneak peak into what the programs I plan for my clients are like. 
I do most of my workouts at home. I have a full set of dumbells that I use, but they can be adapted for the gym as well. 




Plan organization  

3 days cardio 

2 days of yoga 

workouts/week that are a mixture of full body, weighted and body weight exercises. 
They are done in circuits. 
I don’t focus on arms, abs, or legs, like most people do. Instead, I focus each of these workouts on one of the three planes of movement; transverse, sagittal, and frontal.  I’ll go into detail about why I do it this way in a later blog post. 

The schedule will look like this:


These workouts for The 12 Days of Fitmas are general. For myself and clients, the workouts are more tailored to meet specific goals. 

There will be a blog post to accompany each picture containing insights on to how exercise affects the body, explaining the workout, and maybe including some recipes. 
My fitness journey, so far. 


A little information before you start:  
If you are a beginner exerciser, have any health precautions/worries, or are just unsure, PLEASE CONTACT ME. Exercise is good for your health, but like all activity, there is a potential of injury. Without assessments and medical history, I will not take responsibility for any injuries that occur while doing these workouts. 
  


No comments:

Post a Comment